Does anyone know if you give your baby a bowl of rice ceral before bed, is it more filling? My 6 month is still waking up twice a night to eat.. Please help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they say it is, but I always give my son milk too. Try that if you havent already!
    Anonymous

• Absolutely, it's a great time to give your baby rice. The last meal on the day. This will help to fill their tummy's & sleep thru the night.
    CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 1:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• if your son is anything like mine...it probably won't help...my son is 7 months and he wakes up about 3 times a night to eat...i tried rice, and oatmeal....neither made any difference. but i think in part he just likes the comfort of being nursed, but he still eats. good luck! let me know if anything works for you!
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It helped my kids sleep through the night.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It doesn't help for my 6 month old.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I think this is more of a wives tale, BUT, I have also heard it CAN help.

At this age, it so completely normal for baby to still wake up to eat, hes just 6 months old! That's itty bitty bitty.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 2:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My 6month old does to. I have given him everything to try to help and it's still a hit or miss. I dont breastfeed so I know mine is just getting up because he is hungry. I do know it works for some babies. My 1year old neice eats oatmeal before bed and it helps. If you baby is hungry they are hungry. There is really no way to tell unless you try. I do it every night and some times it works other times it doesnt.
    Anonymous

• It is an old wives tale. You may have heard that giving your baby cereal will encourage sleeping longer at night. This simply isn't true.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Two studies have indicated that adding solids to the diet does not cause babies to sleep longer. These studies found no difference in the sleep patterns of babies who received solids before bedtime when compared to babies who were not given solids. Here are the two studies:

Macknin ML, Medendorp SV, Maier MC. Infant sleep and bedtime cereal. Am J Dis Child. 1989 Sep;143(9):1066-8.

Keane V, et al. Do solids help baby sleep through the night? Am J Dis Child 1988; 142: 404-05.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2009