What is an awesome digital camera for the money?

I am looking for a new digital camera. What digital cameras have you bought? For how much? And your own personal consumer report?

MumFerg

Asked by MumFerg at 1:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Shopping

• I love my sony cyber shot - it has 7.2 megapixels and was about $300 - I purchased it several years ago, so I know the megapixels have gone up since then.
    LovesFredric

Answer by LovesFredric at 1:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have a Nikon CoolPix and I LOVE IT! I spent close to 300, but that included an extended warranty and memory card. I bought it a year & a half ago. My friend has the newer version, and she loves it as well. Nikon is just a really great brand all around.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 2:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• nikon i got on amazon like the one above.. i got my as birthday gift
    i really like the new one.. too bad my old one didn't break down yet hehe

research it cnet.com for camera they give you great idea on camera.

mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We haven't bought a camera in a while, so i can't tell you of a good recent one. definitely get one with a glass lens - the ones wth plastic lens will warp over time and with heat and will actually blur your images after awhile.

We have an expensive canon rebel slr, but our little camera that we actually take more places so we don't have to worry about lots of money down the drain if it gets broken is a Sony CyberShot dsc-p73
    Its only 4 mp, but we always get really good pictures out of it. And the best part is its super fast start up and shot to shot time. Some of the cameras take forever in between shots. You miss out on a lot of good pictures that way (especially with little ones!) We have had this thing for years and years and its still excellent. In fact, a year or so ago a friend was wanting a camera for not much money and I told her how great ours is and she bought a used one off ebay for $50. It has worked great
    SAHMlaura

Answer by SAHMlaura at 7:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have a nikon 8 megapixel coolpix too I love it, but I also seen the kodak easyshares quality and it is awesome to for the price $79-$119 and they come in some pretty colors
    jurnie

Answer by jurnie at 8:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Here is the site I recommend. We always use this site when looking for a new camera. He has unbiased reviews and gives you so much info. If its too much info for you, go to the last page of the review and read the summary. My recommendation is the glass lense and shortest shot to shot time you can get
    Here he lists his list of "best cams"
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html
    and here are individual reviews of cameras (so if you have one you're intersted in, look it up here before you buy)
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html
    SAHMlaura

Answer by SAHMlaura at 8:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have a Lumix DMC-FZ7 that I love! Whatever choice you make, be sure to check out the website dpreview.com The techies I used to work with highly recommended that site. The reviews are probably much more technical and in depth than you did, but it's very helpful. :)
    FloridianJenn

Answer by FloridianJenn at 8:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• nikon coolpix S210 i love it i got it for my birthday from my SO i think it was around 120 or something like that.
    Anonymous

• I have always had a Kodak Easy Share and love my newest camera which is an Easyshare Z1015 IS.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Nikons.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2009