How can the Pope . . .

bless this woman who supports the killing of homosexuals?

How can anyone support or follow a "man of god" who gives his blessing to a person who not only condones, but is proactive in creating laws that give life sentences or the death penalty to people, for no better reason than because they don't approve of their lifestyle?

And, on a side note, isn't it ironic that Kadaga was in Rome, leading a Ugandan delegation that "was in Rome to attend the 7th Consultative Assembly of Parliamentarians for the International Criminal Court and the World Parliamentary Conference on Human Rights"?

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 10:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I thought it was pretty obvious by this point

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• She was in the audience of a huge gathering. The pope didn't know her. Whatever you think, the Catholic Church is strongly against killing anyone for any reason .
    http://incaelo.wordpress.com/2012/12/16/does-the-pope-support-the-killing-of-gays/

I can't make the link clickety on my IPad.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Catholics are against killing anyone

I would say history proves otherwise. I'd say maybe now they wouldn't because they wouldn't get away with it.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• was that picture the blessing or a meet & greet? the article says "during mass" so i assumed that picture wasnt during mass.

doesnt make a difference, either way why hasnt any religious leader come out and said "stop killing gays in the name of Christianity!"

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Despicable.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• he blessed her at Mass...so that would be an "everyone in the room" type thing right? not her by name?

still its very sad that he hasnt sad anything against the killing of gays by these ppl, especially since they do it in the name of Christianity.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• This is not an impersonal group blessing:

Pope Benedict XVI gives his blessing to Rebecca Kadaga, Speaker of the Ugandan Parliament.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• That is the Catholic Pope for ya! don't like him or his arrogance....

Answer by older at 1:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I don't believe that the Pope had no idea that he was blessing a high-profile woman who wants to execute gays.  He's also been uncomfortably silent on their proposed laws, for someone who opposes "killing anyone for any reason".

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I am sorry the page is jumping back and forth and I can not get to it to read it.
    I do not know the story but Catholics are against killing anyone. There are extreme cercumxtanstes in which it is allowed. This would not be one so I wish I could read the article.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:53 AM on Dec. 17, 2012