Medical coding exam

How much does it usually cost to take the exam? Which book or books should I buy to prepare? This is so confusing and I can't seem to get a hold of the head of the medical division. Any advice?

Momma_Halo

Asked by Momma_Halo at 1:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• It cost me 450 to take the exam and 12000 for school. Go to the AAPC website for books. You NEED to rule out books they don't allow.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Ok, I am in school right now for Health Care Administration and already took a class in this BUT they were so vague about which exam I need to take and such. So there is like 6 or so exams on the AHIM site and it confused me on which one I needed to take.
    Momma_Halo

Answer by Momma_Halo at 1:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• When I took a class, it was $1200. I believe that $300 or so of that was for the actual test. It's not cheap. That was almost 5 years ago...
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009