Buying gifts

We haven't shopped for christmas gifts for our kids yet. I was thinking of just letting them go pick up a couple things put them in bags and wait till christmas before they get to open them.
Anyone do this?
Should I not?
Buying gifts this late just stresses me out,and if you ask I waited this long because that's when I could save enough up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Holidays

• Obviously they are old enough to not believe in santa...Just ask them and tell them what you wanted to do. The fact of them picking out their own gifts might make them happy.
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• That really depends on how old the kids are and you should get their opinion on this too. Honestly, every kid looks forward to opening and shredding that paper on Christmas day. If you don't want to deal with shopping this time of year and this close to Christmas, buy online. Thats what I am doing because I haven't bought anything for my kids yet either :) Christmas is always stressful on parents, but don't let your kids suffer for it....This brings back bad memories of my mom forgetting to wrap our presents from santa and grabbing them out of her closet unwrapped, in a bag and expecting us to be happy. I was traumatized. :) But if your kids are old enough to not care, than maybe they will fine with it.
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• most of mine are teenagers and one preteen
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• How old are your kids? If they are not adults, I am not a fan.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• 11-17
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Nah, don't do that. Today is free shipping day online. Go surf the net and buy them something. Tons of sites are participating.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• this is what my family do to help each other out with christmas shopping to take the guess work out of what to buy for each other: we all make a christmas wish list of things we want. When we all get together on Thanksgiving Day, we exchange our christmas wish lists, so that we get ideas what to buy for each other, helps us out alot.
    mamabear484

Answer by mamabear484 at 6:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2012