I just saw this quote and wanted to share. I like it. Do you?

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. "
- Galileo Galilei

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 12:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I agree our own humble thoughtful reasoning matters.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Yes. Many breakthroughs in science have come from "untrained minds" ...remember the two high school kids who stumbled upon a major breakthrough in cancer? Young people learning about something for the first time do not see the limitations that teaching imposes over time. Little by little in hundreds of ways we are taught limitation. Once that old song that says, "You can't always get what you want" was playing and my daughter was 3 and she said, Why not?. Some limitations are necessary in society, rules, laws, personal boundaries but others in academia build fences rather than open minds.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2012