If I find a roach in my apartment am I suppose to report it to management?

We just moved in 2 weeks ago and now I'm grossed out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Home & Garden

• As someone who works in pest control... absolutely!! Because a lot of times where you see one, there are plenty more in the walls. I would make sure that who ever the complex uses puts out bait in the kitchen and then sprays the entire inside of your apt. Also, have them put out plenty of monitor sticky traps with the roach attractment on them. That will help draw them to the traps.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• OMG yes!!! I would be so pissed, eeeek
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Yes you should
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• yes
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• My in-laws own a pest control business and they service several apartment complexes. Even if you see just one cockroach, call the front office/maintenance/whoever immediately to put in a service order. Cockroaches breed quickly. If you see one spider, there's no need to freak out and call right away. Roaches though, definitely call. They can infest other apartments as well. The sooner you call, the easier it will be to take care of them.
    nerdygirl84

Answer by nerdygirl84 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I would after I kill it!

Answer by older at 1:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Thanks. I've never lived in an apartment as an adult nor have I EVER dealt with roaches so wasn't sure what the proper pest etiquette is! But I called and she said she is going to have the pest guy come tomorrow. Luckily it wasn't it in the kitchen, it was trying to creep out of the attic crawl space door in the ceiling in the hall way. But I'm so not taking chances.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Yes you should
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 5:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2012