Weird lumps on breasts.. Is this normal after after having my son? Or can this be breast cancer?

I had my son 7 days ago my breasts started getting as hard as a rock and leaking 4 days ago. Ive been in pain since im not beastfeeding. well the pain went away but they are still hard and leaking which i understand but since last night only my right boob hurts BAD and only my right boob has lumps on it not alot. i would say 2 or 3 lumps . My cousin just text me since she just had a baby and she said not to worry that its just my milk glands.... is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most likely milk glands. Give it a few days & it will disappear.
    CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 1:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you have a doctor you should contact him/her. Just in case. Lumps in your breast are nothing to think lightly about

Answer by louise2 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Ughh thats what my bf said but im just waiting for the nurse from my doctors office to call me back... thanks
    Anonymous

• From personal experience I would say that it is your milk getting backed up in your ducts since you are not breastfeeding. However, like louise2 said...I would give it a week to see if they clear up and if not go to your dr. if you get a fever though you should call your dr. immediatly to make sure you don't have an infection. Good luck, hang in there :(
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• because you say that your breast hurt really bad, could mean you have cloged milk glands, which can cause an infection.
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 1:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2009