On a lighter note,why do I get this reaction to "I have a haircut coming up"?

A few people,my mom being one,will react with"you just HAD a haircut, Why are you getting it cut AGAIN?" And they look disgusted for some reason
I get my hair trimmed every 6 weeks. I need to. It grows,lol. I color,so I get it trimmed,then color again. I like to keep the style fresh,and if I didn't get it trimmed,my ends would be straw
What is this,jealousy?
Really weird...

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Ah, tell them to go pound salt. You need to keep a style up, esp. with color.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Nothing wrong with keeping yourself neat, well taken care of...every 6 weeks is not alot especially with longer hair. Maybe they don't like your hair style? who nows & who cares right? lol....
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Maybe I need to start going to every six weeks for cuts. I always have the same bushy hair. I get a cut and it is great for the first few weeks, then it somehow rounds out and somehow I always have shoulder length hair. UGH! I want chin length, I always have shoulder length.

Kudos to you for keeping your style all the time.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• lol many older people thing cutting women's hair is excessive if it is more than one or two times a year and maybe when the style was really long and braided and curled around your head that was true lol. Some see it as a waste of money. I have mine done about every two months so I go a tad longer but in order to keep it from loonking shaggy it has to be done.
    Just don't tell them in the future.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Same here Butterfly. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I am jealous! lol I can't ever seem to get my hair done as often as I'd like. More power to you for making it a priority. Don't listen to the nay sayers, they are the same bunch who would be quick to tell you that you are looking scruffy if you let it go, I bet!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• i feel like the shorter your hair the quicker you have to cut it... when my hair was short i cut it alot --- now that its long i cut it less often!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 12:57 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• No idea. Weird.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• it's chin length,and i want to keep it that way
    It's grows super fast. Within a month,it'll grow a half inch
    With it being curly i need to keep it up too. The longer it gets,the more the hair is pulled flat at the crown

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2012