Do you have to get a private aircraft insured?

JanitaMinugh

Asked by JanitaMinugh at 1:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• If you are making payments on it like you would a house, I would say definitely.
    I am pretty sure if you use even a private airport they would require it in a contract.
    That would only leave you flying from your yard and landing in your yard or someone else's.
    Somehow though I think that just like a car you would have to have insureance to maintain your license.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I know it has to be registered
    It depends on what you use it for
    I live in a town where people have aircraft that they actually built,and are considered recreational vehicles(lol)
    Maybe if you BUY one,but insurance is more for protecting someone else in case of accidents,so maybe not. It's not like there's a high incidence of planes crashing into each other midair

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Regulations

As of 2010, federal law requires interstate air carriers and air taxi operators to maintain $300,000 per person and $20,000,000 per aircraft insurance. Airplanes with less than 60 seats or 18,000 maximum takeoff weight need $2,000,000 insurance. Certain air taxi operators may qualify for lower coverage, $75,000 per person and $300,000 per occurrence. Alaska, California, Maryland Minnesota, Missouri Virginia and South Carolina have mandatory liability requirements.

Read more: Airplane Insurance Requirements | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6904616_airplane-insurance-requirements.html#ixzz2FKtv3feG
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I imagine  you do.

Answer by louise2 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• still with the fake accts
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Are you having your hair done on the aircraft? Can't imagine why this is in Beauty and Style, but if it is a gift for someone, it would be great if you got insurnace to go along with a private plane.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• lol I didn't even look at the catagory.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• confusedGee IDK, I guess since the limo & mansion are insured, the aircraft would have to be too.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• No. But if you want to protect yourself, you have to insure your aircraft from public and passenger liability. There are various types of insurance such as Public liability insurance, Passenger liability insurance, Combined Single Limit (CSL) and Ground risk hull insurance not in motion. These insurance cover are designed to protect from property damages and injury. Aircraft liability insurance offers various types of insurance coverage that you can choose from that is suited to your requirements. In countries where it is not mandatory to have the aircraft insured, that is a huge responsibility of the owner or pilot of an aircraft if it meets an accident when it is uninsured.
    FernandeHavel

Answer by FernandeHavel at 2:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• If you owned a plane, why the hell wouldn't you insure it???? This makes no sense.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2012