When do you put the presents out?

Growing up, we always had no presents under the tree until we woke up Christmas morning. We always had that amazement in our eyes and hearts when we woke up on Christmas morning, even after we stopped believing in Santa. I want my kids to have that same amazement and carry on the same tradition with our family, so I put no presents under the tree until after the kids are asleep on Christmas Eve.

I realized recently that a lot of people put presents under the tree before this. When do you do it and why? :)

Kword

Asked by Kword at 1:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Holidays

• I put them under the tree as soon as a wrap them. It would be fun to wait until Christmas Eve. Wouldn't it be a fun trick to pull on my kids if I didn't put any gifts under the tree until Christmas morning.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I love to see the tree with gifts under it- so as soon as I have some to wrap-they go under
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• we have the non-Santa ones wrapped under the tree right now. they're grandparent, sibling, and parent gifts. Santa drops his stuff off unwrapped and in the middle of the living room. i dunno about the kids but seeing all the presents under the tree builds the anticipation for me :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I have Boston Terriers and a 17 month old grandbaby that visits. They will go under just before people arrive lol.
    My dogs get a kick out of unwrapping presents when you are not looking.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I wait for Christmas eve, even though I have no little ones.....

Answer by older at 1:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I have gifts wrapped and ready to go under my Mom's tree, since that's where we'll be on Christmas. Santa brings his special gifts and those are in front of the tree or fireplace on Christmas.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• *our Santa gifts are always unwrapped and waiting Christmas morning
    charlotsomtimes

• I have 4 kids, they all buy their own gifts with their own $ they get from chores for their brothers and sister, Mom & Dad. I buy each kid one gift and so does Dad. Those gifts are wrapped and under the tree. The stuff Santa brings on Christmas eve when the kids are sleeping most is wrapped (in his own paper) only large items he does not wrap such as a doll house.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Everything that's from me or other people goes under the tree. The excitement for them lies with seeing the unwrapped Santa gifts under the tree on Christmas morning
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• we put them out when they were littler too- although for a year or two-we did stack them on top of the entertainment center! *daughter was 4-5 -son was 2-3

keeping the kids out of the tree and presents really wasn't that hard- it was not that big of an issue
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2012