Has anyone in the media apologized yet?

For any of the misinformation, from misreporting the name of the shooter to misrepresenting the shooter's mother as a "prepper" when she was nothing more than a very rich woman who went target shooting as a hobby, along with dozens of other community activities? Has anyone seen a single news report that even acknowledged that autism and Asperger's do not make someone violent, no matter how many times they discuss it?

I ask because that idiot on the Today show this morning ambushed a group of friends of the first victim, his mother. Instead of asking about her, they kept asking if she talked about her son and his Asperger's, and how difficult that was for her to deal with. The only thing she did ask about her was the doomsday prepper issue, and her face absolutely fell when they all told her that no, she wasn't a prepper, just a target shooter. She also seemed VERY upset when one of them managed to articulate that she thought it was important to teach kids who live in a home with guns about gun safety, which is why they were all locked up.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• why would they apologize....they are just reporting what they are being told-right?
    Fucking media bullshit. ANd people eat it up like a spoonful of sugar and run with it.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• We'll never hear an apology. They also accused the older brother of being the shooter and he wasn't. They jump on what ever will make it sound more horrific and who cares about the facts.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I would like to hear more about the mother and also about the autism not making someone violent. I don't think they need to apologize for the misinformation as they were reporting as the story unfolded and he was carrying his brother's ID. They corrected it as soon as they knew.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I don't think they need to apologize for the misinformation as they were reporting as the story unfolded

See, I don't think they're even aware of how many lies they tell. I think it all flies by in an adrenaline rush and they forget about it.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I think we'll hear the media apologize just as soon as we start seeing some apologies around here.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• it would be nice but i doubt it will happen. theres no accountability for the press, so why bother (on their part).

i wish they would have to show their sources for the information, especially when they talk about Autism. journalists should not be allowed to just talk about whatever and their words be taken as fact or worse, they be taken as experts. ppl today seem to think anything said on the news makes it true and thats sad.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• If they have, I have not seen or heard about it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

I don't know about anyone else but I know I have appologized on this forum more than once.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• dont hold your breathe for one
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• It's very sad. I feel for her family, they are in an impossible situation.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2012