Have you ever bought rattlesnake eggs?

They come in an envelope with a caution that they must be kept cool to help to keep the from hatching. It also clearly states that newborn rattlesnakes have venom that is more deadly that that of adults and so to handle with cares.
Naturally I bought some for my science loving grandson before I left Texas. This was a very long drive but I kept the package very secure.
DGS came back from his dad's and I handed him my gift. He eyed it warily and then as curiosity got the better of him and the silly boy broke the seal and opened it.

Do you know what happened next?

I am not sure where this goes

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Shopping

• Where did you get that at? My son would love that and I am sure he would jump about 2 feet off the ground. Perfect payback for all the times he tries to scare us.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• That's funny!!!! LOL I was gonna say Ive killed too many rattlesnakes in my day to ever waste money buying their eggs!! LOL
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• silver balls that make a noise? I think I got some a very long time ago, made my husband about jump out of his skin!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I remember seeing those when I lived in Texas.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Not quite but you have the idea. Ti si a wire like a V with a washer strung on to two rubberbands you wind it up and when openned it unwinds making a pretty realistic sound.
    He looked at me and just said Really grandma

He took it to school to show his teacher.

Did I mention he jumped about a foot off the ground?
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• When I was the truckstop where I bought it that cashier was just reloading them. (this joke is nothing new to me) Aman came in nicely dressed and older maybe 65? Well he just had to have a peek. I was watching and nearly died laughing. Thankfully he thought it was funny too.

Caught and kiledl plenty of rattlers lol.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• In a Texas truckstop.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2012