Dammit. Hives!

So my inner left elbow breaks out in this itchy mess whenever I get too stressed, and sure enough, got it today. What brought it on? Trying to figure out how to work the visiting of the families into our schedule. Why can't we be one of the few who visits her parents and his parents and voila. Done. We have five separate places to go just for parents. My Mom, his mom, my dad, his dad, my ex step dad ("Daddy"). Then four grandparents/sets to hit up, stretched out over two states - none in the same city.

Someone tell me about their travel/holiday plans, so I can feel better about mine. :)

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 3:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Staying home the kids come here.

When we lived closer all the family gathered in one place for each respective side of the family.
    I would no drag my kids all over and told all the family this. Why not invite them all to your place next year?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Oh amd sorry about the hives they are a bain that should be eliminated from the face of the earth.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I don't know if it would be any less stressful, but you could do what a friend of ours did - you want to see them, you come here. He had the same situation and got fed up with the "you're seeing THEM before US", so he started calling them a month in advance and asking who was coming in for Christmas and did they need a hotel room or were they just driving in for the day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• NP, that would work well for my parents, but DH's would never see the kids if we didn't do the traveling. I wouldn't dream of asking that of our grandparents. One on hospice, one with leukemia, and one who is 92. I feel like a douche nugget just imagining saying "You guys make the 2 hour drive!"
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2012