Feeling sick and no meds till tonight

I have been feeling sick ever since my hubby left for work today. I do not have a car to go get meds. I feel nauseous , sore throat and coughing, achy all over. I noticed we have no meds for that sort of thing bc my husband was previously sick and took it all. He will not get off work till late tonight like 9 am. I took what I could find. Such as tums, Tylenol , and some vitamins. I ate some soup and drank sprite. I do not have honey. Any suggestions on feeling better till late tonight?

Babicakes24

Asked by Babicakes24 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Health

• Take some ibuprophen and go to bed.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Lol I don't have any of that and cannot go to bed whenever I want . I have children
    Babicakes24

Comment by Babicakes24 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• hot tea, or just water and when you can lay down to rest do that.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Take Tylenol & go to bed as early as you can. The rest will do you good. Hope you feel better soon.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Drink/eat anything that has vitamin C in it (orange juice, lemonade, tomatoes, etc.). Avoid dairy products because they make coughing worse. A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with some sugar also works wonders. Eating something spicy might help the sore throat. Chicken bouillon broth cubes mixed with water are a great quick and portable soup. It provides electrolytes and activates your immune system. A warm bath/shower will also help decongest.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2012