Anyone know anything about this?

So my son couldn't get circumcised because he has a mild hypospadia. Anyone have an experience with this? Should I be worried!?

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No personal experience, but in my nursing school rotation through labor & delivery, I did see several little boys with hypospadias. Doctors said it very rarely causes issues, boys just have to be a little more careful peeing. Hugs!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Ok, I just never heard of it before so I wanted to hear more from people who might. Thanks!
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• My BFF's son had that. There are cases from mild to severe... in the worst cases they pee from the base of their penis and have to have surgery to correct it. My friend's son peed about halfway down the shaft, and had to have surgery when he was about 3 years old, and they had to circumcize him then as it's easier to do the surgery, and care for it. It was pretty minor, and no issues. Ive heard of other cases.. if your son's is mild then I'd think its not that big of a deal.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• My biggest concern is that it hurts him..does it hurt him? And is there any serious risks? He's only 4 days old.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• No, it doesn't hurt. The hole he pees from is just in a different place, he's all good.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 7:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• No, but talk to dr.
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2014