Is this how it works in your house?

Age-Appropriate Christmas Tree Styles

Dead on the money for us - the KID tree, complete with the lean to the right.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Lol, looks about right.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Hahahaha! Great!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I have a combo: baby/toddler & kid tree, complete with ornaments that keep getting removed and put back in the wrong spot.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• LOL absolutely and then you start all over with the grandkids.
    Now that I think about it ours leans with the kids too, lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I let DS put all the non-breakable ones up himself this year. I exhibited extreme self control in only relocating 3 of them after he went to bed (the ones that were double up on the same branch), but the rest is as he did it.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• My kids are two in their middle thirties and my youngest 25, no quite like this for me though, now as adults the tree will still be full Christmas morning with tons of presents, and the tree still holds those ornaments they once made when they were young....

Answer by older at 6:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• pretty much-except the kid one- we never put homemade stuff from school and projects on our tree. *I hung stuff on the fridge or the walls or whatever-but not on my tree! *with the exception of one glass ornament my daughter made

and we never left the bottom undecorated at the toddler stage- they didn't bother it that much
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• LOL! Yep- only we still have to keep the more fragile ones above the tail wagging zone :p And we haven't moved on from the special homemade ornaments from the kids either. I happen to like them & will keep displaying them until they fall apart :) And finally, yes the mass of presents is smaller, but that's b/c the crap they desire is smaller but more expensive! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• We used a tabletop tree when he was a toddler. Didn't keep him off it, though

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• No, we've never had room for a big tree so no issues like that. Not old enough for the teen tree ;o). The stuff the kids bring home I hang around the house instead of on the tree since what they make is usually huge!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 6:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2012