Waiting on God?

I know the Lord's timing is always perfect and we are suppose to wait on him. But I'm praying and waiting for answers but wondering Am I not hearing him? Anyone else feel this way? I'm just trying to figure out what he wants me to do in life. I feel like wasting time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Our thoughts are not God's thoughts. Our ways are not God's ways. A day to God is as a thousand years... I don't know what exactly you are waiting on...but He has a will for your specific life and will work it out according to His own time. He wants you to simply rest and wait on Him.

I have had multiple times when it seemed like God was not working for me...and the whole time, He was working at the exact moment when I was doubting the most... He really does care for you and your welfare... Simply trust in Him and He "will bring it to pass."
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• Because you are?

Even IF "God" exists, he's not just going to take care of everything for you.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• What's the bullshit they toss at people now days... "sometimes the answer is no". Stop wasting your time praying and start doing... you'll be much more successful that way!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Waiting on God's timing for something is one of the hardest things to do.... I think partly because its so abstract a concept for us. Its not like we just hear Him say 'Ok, Jane get up and do this right now, and when you finish, do this". And that's really what we (believers in Him) want. For me, I just keep moving forward, making sure Im not doing anything wrong, making sure my heart and concious is clear, and Im keeping my promises, and my word. I figure if Im good in the little things, then the big things will work themselves out the way they should... If Im in doubt, I call my mom and hash it out with her. Her advice is always spot on, and clears my head, and keeps my focus where it should be.... I think God works through people like that.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Are you giving Him a chance to answer? Sometimes we're so busy asking that we don't sit back, meditate, study the Bible, and actively listen for God's answers. Seek out counsel from godly friends, from a pastor, etc. It is hard when God is just telling us to be patient, but maybe He is trying to teach you something in the meantime.

Answer by missanc at 6:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Keep praying and find things you like to do. We all feel we are in a rut sometimes. Much of life is routine and can get boring.  Enjoy what you have, but try new things

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I know it is hard to wait for an answer. Sometimes I feel that I am hearing very clearly from God, and other times I don't have that feeling at all. I sometimes pray that God will give me a feeling of peace about a certain action or decision if that is what He wants me to do. I also ask God to close a door if it is something He does not want for me. There is nothing wrong with asking God for direction - that is what a believer is supposed to do!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• It's called free will right? Stop waiting around for someone else to tell you what to do with your life. Get up and do something. Figure it out by yourself. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• what are you waiting for...what are you doing/not doing that you're waiting for God's answer? im not trying to be rude, just curious. maybe God is trying to tell you to make up your own mind, or maybe both paths are good ones and its a free will choice on your part. what does your heart say to do, maybe thats God giving you your answer.

either way you cant sit around doing nothing and expect God to hand you an obvious answer. sometimes you have to go out in the world and find the answer. sometimes you have to take the leap and hope its the right thing. i dont remember any Bible verses about waiting on God to give you the right answers.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• A very dear friend told me once," How do you expect him to answer, when you can only hear the sound of your own voice?"
    Be active and learn what you can and move forward. Make time to be still and just listen. It is very hard to close you mouth and the ramblings of your mind and just listen. You can not just wait around for that bolt of lightning, sometimes it is a soft as the sighing of the wind but you have to be prepared to accept and act on it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2012