Have you heard huckabee's explanation for where god was on friday during the Sandy Hook shooting?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151195531403915

it should be clicky, idk why it isn't. it's 3 minutes long. 

a friend of mine on FB shared it and i couldnt hold my thoughts back. what are your thoughts? do you agree that god is essentially pissed off at us and that's why he didn't intervene, except when it was convenient to AFTER the shooting?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Religious Debate

• God seems to step in when it's convent for himself, I often wonder those who say otherwise have ever read the bible.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I had to hold back my opinion on FB when I saw it... Some people are so naive...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Once again, does this mean the Amish girls who were shot a while back were closet atheists?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I'm embarrassed to be from the same state as that blabbering moron.
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I think, his point was that in America we have less morals and less accountability for our own actions. I did see it this morning on Facebook. When people / America in general has religion as a backbone - there were more moral values in out society...
    People took the 10 Commandments as a oath, as something that meant something to your own person being, your own common sense laws to live by...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• SassySue, in reality, it's the opposite. Countries with the highest percentage of religious people have the highest rates of crime, divorce, and teen pregnancy. Countries where there are more atheists and less religion have drastically lower crime rates.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Ah, yes.  I remember those days when "People took the 10 Commandments as a oath".  It wasn't that long ago that we were able to stone our neighbors if they so much as flicked a light switch on the Sabbath and gave children the proper corporal punishment for not honoring their parents.

I always wonder, when people opine about the necessity of the Ten Commandments, if they are even the least bit familiar with them.  Fewer than half of them have anything to do with our legal system, the first four dedicated to kissing a god's tushy . . . one is about murder, one is about bearing false witness, one about coveting a neighbor's ass and wife, one is about stealing, one about lying, and another about committing adultery.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

•  

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Huckabee is really not very smart,is he? I am so tired of hearing his version of God , not to mention, the other simple minded Bible thumpers who think they can speak for God. They have no clue.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• No, that's just stupid
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2012