Have you heard huckabee's explanation for where god was on friday during the Sandy Hook shooting?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151195531403915

it should be clicky, idk why it isn't. it's 3 minutes long. 

a friend of mine on FB shared it and i couldnt hold my thoughts back. what are your thoughts? do you agree that god is essentially pissed off at us and that's why he didn't intervene, except when it was convenient to AFTER the shooting?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I'm a Christian and totally disagree with him. I had friends on facebook who posted that video, agreeing with him. My thought was....what about the Amish school shooting? Was God not allowed there? What about shootings that have happened in churches? If someone is going to say that the shooting happened because God was not "allowed" in schools, then do they say the same for the other cases?
    rosiecotton

Answer by rosiecotton at 1:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Yes, of course! That's it! God would take out his anger on innocent children with a man who is obviously mentally ill just to prove he is mad instead of taking it out on those who supposedly committed this horrible crime against god? Sarcasm here of course. And we all know that it is possible because he wiped out the world leaving only Noah and his family because he was pissed off. Clearly it has nothing to do with society, the need for better mental health and better security or the fact that sometimes bad things happen
    Jessplus31979

Answer by Jessplus31979 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I completely agree with him!!!!

And this is why nobody listens to anything anons have to say...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:08 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• I completely agree with him!!!!
    Anonymous

• No, that's just stupid
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Huckabee is really not very smart,is he? I am so tired of hearing his version of God , not to mention, the other simple minded Bible thumpers who think they can speak for God. They have no clue.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

•  

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Ah, yes.  I remember those days when "People took the 10 Commandments as a oath".  It wasn't that long ago that we were able to stone our neighbors if they so much as flicked a light switch on the Sabbath and gave children the proper corporal punishment for not honoring their parents.

I always wonder, when people opine about the necessity of the Ten Commandments, if they are even the least bit familiar with them.  Fewer than half of them have anything to do with our legal system, the first four dedicated to kissing a god's tushy . . . one is about murder, one is about bearing false witness, one about coveting a neighbor's ass and wife, one is about stealing, one about lying, and another about committing adultery.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• SassySue, in reality, it's the opposite. Countries with the highest percentage of religious people have the highest rates of crime, divorce, and teen pregnancy. Countries where there are more atheists and less religion have drastically lower crime rates.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I think, his point was that in America we have less morals and less accountability for our own actions. I did see it this morning on Facebook. When people / America in general has religion as a backbone - there were more moral values in out society...
    People took the 10 Commandments as a oath, as something that meant something to your own person being, your own common sense laws to live by...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2012