Perm

I was wondering how offten do you have to get perms i got my hair permed about 3 months ago and now you cant even tell but she said the more i do it the better my hair will take so i was wondering if its too soon to get it done again

GraciesMom52407

Asked by GraciesMom52407 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I get a perm every three months.

I get a trim at one month, then let it go for two months. Ask your hairdresser about your particular hair.

Answer by Bmat at 1:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• its not the 80s anymore
    Anonymous

• Never. I have naturally curly hair. I try and find ways to not have such curle hair LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 1:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I think you can do it again now. Get the gentle perms for fine brittle hair. They are A LOT better and they don't damage your hair as much..I got a regular perm a few years ago and a year later after it fell out my hair was fried..I got a gentle perm a few months ago and my hair curled for 1 day and it fell out (because I'm thyroid medicine, I didn't know it could do that) and my ends were the only thing fried, so I just cut them off and you couldn't even hardly tell my hair had been permed.
    Anonymous

• every three months you should get a perm to maintain it
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Anon 1:46 we know it's not the 80's...That's why perms nowdays look a lot better than the poodle perms with huge fluffy bangs in the 80's...Nowdays they look more natural.
    Anonymous

• OMG ANONYMOUS get over ITS NOT THE 80 crap ist just a simple question that she asked and it really didnt need your input! Its "2009" and perms look alot better than they did in the 80s so get over it!
    Anonymous

• K thank you ladies!!!!
    no need to fight i was just a question.
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I honestly didn't know that hair dressers still did perms. I guess they aren't as popular as they were in the 80's, but really, the comment about it not being the 80's was rude.. When I had perms in the 80's I used to get mine re-done ever 3 month-ish
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 4:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Im a cometologist and yes we still do perms everyday!! It depends on how long your hair is. If your hair is short they do only last 3 months. If your hair is longer it should have lasted a little better. Just talk to your hairdresser and she can tell you, and for you are a little behind curls are back!
    cutup80

Answer by cutup80 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009