Water breaking?????

Last night I was sitting up in bed and I felt wet on the out side of my sweatpants so I got up and went in to the bathroom and checked. There was a kinda big wet spot in my underwear that went all the way through to my pants! I am pretty sure I didnt pee my pants so I am not sure if this could be a leak in my water bag or not! So far this morning I havnt had anymore! Also when I went to the doctor on tues. I was 1cm dilated and 80% effaced! I have been having weird pains in my vag. So I am not sure what to do! By the way Im 37 weeks and 6 days!

mommy3109

Asked by mommy3109 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call the doc. They will have you come in and get checked.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• They have a pretty easy test to see if you're leaking amnionic fluid or not...I would guess (and only a guess) that if it happened once then no more, you probably did pee a little. I didn't leak a ton, but it was a constant dribble. I was 3 cm dialated and 80% effaced about three weeks before giving birth, so those numbers don't mean a whole lot I think. Good luck!
    mrsjoeljr

Answer by mrsjoeljr at 1:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you haven't leaked at all today, you probably just peed yourself :) Just to be safe, do not allow anything (Including a doctors fingers!!!) in your vagina. Ruptured membranes is NOT a reason to go to the hospital. you can safey go many days or even weeks with ruptured membranes as long as nothing goes in your vagina. Just keep an eye out for signs of infection-fever, weird smell, fluid that is an odd color. Up your vitamin c intake just to help prevent infection.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you hadn't gone to the bathroom in a while, maybe it was urine, but if you had gone recently, there is less chance that that much was urine. Call the doctor, anyway, and ask about it.

Answer by Bmat at 2:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• SOUNDS TO ME THAT YOU HAVE RUPTURED A BIT, MOVE MOVE MOVE WALK AROUND, WALK WALK, GET THAT BABY MOVING ON DOWN
    Ms.Laterice

Answer by Ms.Laterice at 2:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would at least call your dr. and let them know. When my water broke it was a complete gush and did not stop! But I have heard of it happening slowly! congrats on anyday now!! xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 2:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• maybe pee, maybe mucus plug which would fit with how far along you are
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 1:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2009