Some are getting mad over a armed officer at school

i was on fb today reading somethings that people are saying about the heart breaking school shooting today as kids was going to to school some parents seen an armed officer at the school and flipped out cause she didnt get a call or email about one being there and now thinking of pulling their kids out of school and home schooling not worryed about another shooting and the arm officer saving lives just the arm officer that was there watching the kids. im trying to understand of why so mad i would think that parents really shouldnt get told that a armed officer will be outside the school do for the fact its for there childs safety or am i wrong no i dont have a child in school and maybe shouldnt ask this type of question but my thought would be please protect my child with anything you have.

brittany1983

Asked by brittany1983 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in

• You should definitely leave your kid in school, and not homeschool.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2013

• Police officers are allowed to walk around the school. The visits are usually scheduled and officers are always armed.  They came before what happened Friday, its part connecting to the community.  I welcome it.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• yeah, one can never win. If people want to homeschool, do it. Personally, I'll take an armed guard.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I gave up half way through trying to understand the OP, but if I get the gist of it - people are pissed off and emotional, and people say and do irrational things when they are pissed off and emotional, like pull their kids out of school or start screaming for all guns to be banned, or wanting house to house searches, whichever. Your friend is human. If you think her pulling the child out will be detrimental, report it to the proper authorities, if not, it's her kid.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• yes i know the . and all that is my friend but my child has messed up my lap top and i have to bang on the button and dont feel like it sorry if it offended anyone
    brittany1983

Comment by brittany1983 (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I was hoping there would be officers at our schools today. Each one of our high schools has a full time police officer, and I would like to see that in the lower grades, as well. This morning when I dropped off my kids, there were two police cars driving back and forth in front of the school. I was happy to see it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Punctuation can be your friend...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Well you know America's first idea always seems to be to add more guns to fix the problem , so I can understand why some people were upset about it, not everyone is ok with more guns.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• its best to be prepared than to wish they had been later.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2012