Do you feel unattractive since you have become a mom?

Every since i had my son, I dont feel pretty. I am a stay at home mom and never get to dress up or put on make up for that matter. I feel like i am stuck in the house and that I look ugly all day. When my husband comes home from work i feel so ugly. I look at pictures from a few years ago and I was so much prettier then. Does anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• totally....since i have had my daughter i feel like a gross ugly fat slob......after i had my sons i was single and going out and working and getting hit on and felt attractive at times....but that is a distant memory now...you arent alone
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 1:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I feel like this sometimes, but I don't know if I feel like this because I'm a mom or if I feel like this because I think I'm old??
    I really try to make sure I shower everday lol and get out of the house-this seems to help a bit:)
    Anonymous

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally feel like this. I swear my face even looks different. Pictures from just two years ago, I look so much prettier. I want to lose some weight though, so I am hoping that makes a difference.
    Anonymous

• Nope. I think that due to the support and love of my husband, and also to my love for my *created* family, I have felt successful and loved and sexy. All that has led to my feeling prettier as well. Which led to me taking more care with myself. Which led to my being prettier...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You don't mention how long ago your was son born...You may still be in the baby blues (a short time after the child is born you may be slightly depressed --your body had to endure a lot) But no matter.You are only as happy as YOU make up your mind to be. So cheer up! Don't be moopin around. Smile be happy...Your husband doesn't need to come home to a "sad sack". Get a life, sounds like you may be bored. Get creative. Everyday is a gift, embrace it.
    wishbook

Answer by wishbook at 5:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes, i feel less attractive and I am 15 pounds lighter than when I got pregnant with my daughter! I have more wrinkles and saggy boobs!
    Anonymous

• Absolutely. I have a special needs child that takes all of my time and attention and i just have nothing left for myself. To make it through the day with him takes all the stamina and energy that i have. I know all the cliches about "making time for yourself and me-time" and it does work on the rare occasion that it is possible, but we rarely have a sitter, if ever. I really really have let myself go, I need to be put on that "What not to wear" show~! lol.
    Anonymous