These guys are burning up my phone..

Yesterday i went online and was getting health insurance quotes . I figured if i did it online to get a round about figure, the i could call on the one that i liked the best. Plus i didn't have to deal with a pesky salesman. I figured i would get the quote prices online to look and compare and that was it. Well i did get to look at them online, but apparently they were sent to agents as well that showed i had been shopping. Ever since yesterday like 5 of them have been burning up my phone. They each have called like 7 times since yesterday. I am at work during the day. When i get off i have a mailbox full of messages. Today at lunch i already had 4 messages. Two of them from the same guy. Has anyone else ran into this? I did it online thinkign i wouldn't be bothered or pressured. Did everyone else knew they referred your application quote?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, but only because my dh works for a insurance company. Your info gets forwarded to companies that then sell your name, number and info to sales reps. That is how my dh gets a lot of his leads. Just tell them that you already bought from someone else and they will leave you alone.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way too. I was shopping around for house insurance and got calls for weeks.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009