Have a 3 1/2 year old and a one year old. I'm so burnt out...help!

I have two boys- one is 15 months and the other is 3 1/2. I am alone w them 24/7 all week every week. My hubby is only home on the weekends and has little to no energy while he's here because if his work. I just quit my job 3 months ago to stay home. I feel like I'm never happy because I'm just so burnt out all the time. My older son is still not potty trained an is so incredibly hyper and loud that it drives me crazy sometimes. I feel like I need something in my life... Something fulfilling...but I don't know how I would ever have the time and I don't even know what I would do. Is there anything that I can do while I have my kids with me? Something that's not just a play date or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you googled to see if there is a MOPS group in your area? I met some great moms that way and had some adult time. Do any of your local churches have a mothers morning out program or a drop in lunch bunch?
    You could trade off babysitting with a friend. You take her kids one day this week, she takes yours one day next week.

Answer by missanc at 9:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• My youngest are only 19 months apart - I stayed home for two years after the youngest was born - I thought, I would go crazy... But it was not logical for me work and pay daycare for both of them. Check at the local churches some have a Mother's day out program for stay at home mom's - it's like daycare once a week, just for a few hours.
    Missnc - has good idea's also...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• Mine are 18 months apart and also two boys. It is tough but you really are nearing a place where there is light at the end of the tunnel. Once the older one is potty trained, it helps a ton. Can you get a sitter? Can you pet sit? Not ideal, I know, but it would make some extra cash. This time of feeling trapped at home with small kids will pass quickly.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• You do need some time alone to recharge. Look up Mother's Day Out in your town. Many churches offer this. Try swapping babysitting turns with a friend. Does your mom or MIL live close? Don't hesitate to ask for help. They've been there and they know how trying it can get. And remember, this time will pass quickly, even though it doesn't seem like it now.
    Let your husband know how you feel and hopefully he can offer to take the kids on a day away during a Saturday or Sunday afternoon to just give you so breathing time.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• WINE!!!!!! LOL!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2012