Swim Lessons 3 mo old in Detroit area?

Does anyone know where I can take my baby to swim lessons around the Grosse Pointe or surrounding areas here in Detroit? She's 3 mo. old and I hear some places start that young.

Thanks

SereneJoy

Asked by SereneJoy at 1:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am not familiar with that area but where I live the YMCA has swim lessons for young babies ...but I think it might be 6 months and up ...not sure though. If you have one near you I would call xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 2:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Hey hon! We are starting Charly this spring...look up Metro baby (it's a magazine)...the mag itself always has a list of places that offer different classes for babies, including swimming, so I'm betting the webste probably has a link to that stuff....otherwise, look in the Birmingham area...a little bit of a drive for you, but I'm pretty sure they have an actual swim school there and I know it starts pretty young. Good luck!
    charlysmom08

Answer by charlysmom08 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I took my son to one held at the Warren Rec center/library... they have an olympic pool, a lazy river(where the class is held) a water park, and a smaller pool for lessons for bigger kids. We had fun.. it was a 6 or 8 week course(can't remember)... he was older than yours, but they had one little girl that was 5 months. As long as your baby can hold up her head well I think you can go.
    Mommy2aQT

Answer by Mommy2aQT at 11:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2009