If you had the opportunity to write a book...

What would it be about?

PMSMom10

Asked by PMSMom10 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I've written and published 2 so far. First was about a woman who's entire life changes when she finds out her mother once had an affair. Second is about a woman who has to untangle all of her husband's secrets to protect herself and her children. I'm working on one now in which a private detective and a lawyer have to figure out why someone is kidnapping the children of the lawyer's clients, and the next one is about a country singer and a radio DJ who have to find the DJ's stalker to prove the singer didn't kill someone.

The book I'd love to write would be about my mother's parents relationship. It'll never happen, though, because there's no one still alive who can give me any details, so it would be pure speculation. And I can't do just straight romance, so it wouldn't be very good. I have to have some kind of mystery or suspense to write a good book. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• My adolescence and the hardship of having a father gravely ill with a brain tumor the year I was 11, my mother having a massive stroke when I was 12 followed by her death from cancer when I was 14.

Bet you thought it was going to be a retro food compilation :p
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• what the hell was I thinking? a tribute to marriage :) LOL
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I have begun a book about my life as a foster, then adopted child.
    It is at the part that hurts and I have stopped, it had been a year since I have added to it. But I will continue to do it soon, and I have tons of notes so someone could probably finish it if I didnt
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• It would probably be a 600 page rant about how stupid people are.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Thank you PMSMOM, I'll let you know when it's available. The title is It's In His Kiss, and my real name is Tari Lynn Jewett.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I actually have a mystery novel, mistaken identity novel in my head... maybe someday.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I had a short story published. They told me if I fleshed it out they might be interested. I simply could not make it work lol.

Kind of a mystery love story.
    If think if I wrote my life story it would be so unbelievable even I would say it couldn't happen lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• My mother's family. It would be a best seller, I am quite certain!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I've taken the opportunity to write a novel. Sort of a realistic, coming-of-age type story. It's a lot harder to get a book published than it is to write it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2012