This is a damn good idea!

Thoughts?

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:34 AM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Good for unemployed veterans, but very sad. As we cut teachers, we need to physically protect our children in school. This is a sad time for America.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Not a bad idea. It is sad it's come to this.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I just don't think the answer the answer is more guns. I completely agree that this is a sad time for America. It's just heartbreaking. :(
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 6:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Good luck finding enough that are able bodied
    Half of our ones coming back are missing limbs,have extensive brain damage,or have died over there

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• More guns is not the answer. Our schools should be a safe place in this country. Where would it end? Movie theaters, parks, malls, pre schools, and daycare centers. Issues have to be addressed in the country health care and gun control being the first. Very sad times.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• honestly, no. my ex (who i was still with at the time) came back after 15 months over there a changed man. 4 years later he still suffers from PTSD and i do not leave him alone with my children, ever. of course not ALL veterans are like this but a majority of them do suffer from PTSD and it can be a very serious, dangerous situation when they feel threatened or scared.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I agree with tnm786. Not sure that's a good idea with all the PTSD
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:49 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• We actually talked about this yesterday. I think, its an awesome idea, because I cannot see teachers with guns. Several of my kids teachers could not handle a gun and my fear would be bullies in the school taking the gun from the teacher. I also, saw a photo of a teacher in Isearel - she had a big gun strapped on her back, the children were exposed outside, the teacher was holding her purse. There is no way that teacher could have gotten that gun and fired before a bad person took them all out. She was watching the kids, not standing guard. Teachers with guns is too much to ask of them.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• our county is pushing to have one armed officer in every school as a deterent of course, it may not make a difference if someone is really crazed . They are also increasing patrols through school parking lots as of yesterday. Sad indeed but the question is, how is this going to stop shootings? If the teacher or police officer gets shot then it was all for nothing anyways. I dunno, I am torn with all the what if we do this.......
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• love the idea sad we have this problem
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 9:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2012