Do you tip at Sonic?

Another question got me thinking about this. I never do because really its not like they did that much. Especially if all I get is a shake.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i wouldnt even eat/drink there, much less tip :P

well but im a little stingy anyway.. if i get a really good and big meal and the waitress was nice and such then of course i give a good tip. but at a fast food place?! no
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yep I sure do. My dd used to work there when she was a teenager.

Answer by gemgem at 2:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If there is no personal service, I don't. For someone to place a cup of soda and a sandwich on a tray and take my money, then no. If someone takes my order and brings it to the table, then yes. if it is a place where take out food isn't their main service, that is, if it is mainly a sit down restaurant and I am ordering take out, I tip the person who brings me the bags.

Answer by Bmat at 2:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Sure do
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If I go thru the drive up, no. If I park and order, then they bring it to me then yes, I do - maybe 1 or 2 dollars depending on the order.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 2:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes even if it is just 50 cents. These people are on their feet all day and they go out in the cold, heat, rain, whatever to bring me food, yes I tip.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i only go through the drive up there.. so no.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 7:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• umm, no, I don't go there they SUCK!!!!
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009