Is there a difference between generic and simlic formula?

Like the Target brand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep its cheaper :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I don't really think there is a difference except in price.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Cheaper and if it is like the wal-mart brand that I used, it disolves better, give it a try.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i personally think target brand dissolves easier
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It's basically the same as buying Cheerio's or the store brand o's. Just cheaper ingredients, so, that's your call.

Next time you are in the store, compare the labels.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 2:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Generics meet the same FDA requirements as Enfamil & Similac, yet is less expensive in cost. I gave my baby Good Start till she was 5 months while breastfeeding then moved on to Parents Choice/Members Mark completely. If you decide to go with generic like parents choice i would suggest you to get them from the club store like Sams. They are still cheaper and a wise choice. When i discussed this with my ped he said all formulas are same especially enfamil and parents choice. The former spends more on marketing and coupons which makes the product more expensive.
    revathy

Answer by revathy at 2:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Formula has tons of preservatives in it, breast milk does not. Preservatives have a devastating effect on our bodies. Young and old. Preservatives do not allow our bodies to function properly. Our systems are always struggling to keep us healthy. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it had a lot to do with all the obesity in the world.

wishbook

Answer by wishbook at 5:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• There is no difference.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009