Where do your kids wait for school?

Once you drop them off... Younger kids all go into the gym K-4th grades. 5th and older wait outside.
Unless the teacher on duity is cold or raining than thay allow them in the gym...
My daughter, age 13 complains about standing outside, it's 35 degrees this morning...

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2012 in

• They all go to the gym or cafetoriam and wait unless they are in the Middle School or older and then they just go to their homeroom.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• They both wait inside the school building.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 10:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• WOW! The complaints for kids having to wait outside when it's 35 degrees. You must not be in Wisconsin. Ours kids wait outside for school to start, until it's below zero. They also go outside for recess until it's below 0. If they didn't they'd go months without going outside. It won't hurt them to be outside for 15 minutes. Oh, the elementary kids cannot arrive more than 15 minutes before school starts, there is no supervision before then.

My son is in high school, they go to the cafeteria and study.
    Anonymous

• well DD is half day so she goes straight to class, but ive subbed their before. they play on the playground till the bell rings and if its cold they split them K-2 in the cafeteria 3-5 in the gym.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2012

• They take the bus and stay on it until the doors open for home room. (it's like this for all the schools in town) Kids that are dropped off aren't suppose to arrive more than 10 minutes before the doors open because they aren't allowed in early. The staff isn't responsible for them. The elementary school I worked at last year would have parents dropping off kids 20-30 minutes before the doors open and leave. (there were times I'd get there and there would be students waiting)
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• she goes straight to her classroom
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Mine ride the bus and once to the school they sit on the heated bus until a certain time (unless they are buying breakfast at school) and all kids are sent in to their classrooms at the same time. For those who get dropped off they go to the library until it is time for class to start. That is our elementary, not sure how the older ones do it as I have none in there yet.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• We walk to school, the kids eat breakfast at school, then my son catches his bus to his class and my daughter walks to her classroom. Once she goes in, I walk back home, wait for a couple hours then walk back and get her.

I REALLY dislike this half day kindergarten stuff.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• The gym
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I walk the kids up to the playground, where each class lines up on their dots and waits for their teachers. It's never that cold here. If it ever rains, they go in through the front and directly to their classrooms.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2012