Where do your kids wait for school?

Once you drop them off... Younger kids all go into the gym K-4th grades. 5th and older wait outside.
Unless the teacher on duity is cold or raining than thay allow them in the gym...
My daughter, age 13 complains about standing outside, it's 35 degrees this morning...

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2012 in

• They all go to the gym or cafetoriam and wait unless they are in the Middle School or older and then they just go to their homeroom.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• He takes the bus to school
    The aide takes him in right away

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• My oldest takes the bus and goes directly into school/first period.

I drive DD and DS2. DD goes directly into school, her locker and then first period (8th grade.) DS2 goes inside and goes to before school care until 8 am. (2nd grade, and will go there until 6th grade when he goes to the upper division.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• why would they let some in and not the others, that is wrong and age discrimination to me.
    We drive our LO and she goes straight to her room, they have highschool girls in the rooms until the teachers are out of morning meetings
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:56 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Ours can not arive earlier than 10 minutes before the start of school and then they are allowed into the school.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• bus picks her up from daycare
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• BTW I would be raising concerns about my children being left outside. Thats BS they make them wait in the freezing cold. make they teachers sit outside for 30 plus minutes
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Our kids can arrive 20 minutes before the first bell. They play on the playground, separated by grade. If it is too cold, under 35 degrees, the kids go directly to their classrooms. Our school is very concerned with kids being warm. Kids are not allowed outside without a hat and gloves if it is below 40 degrees...period.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• They go right in to their classrooms, shed their stuff, and go to breakfast.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• He goes to the cafeteria. The highschool and middle school kids wait outside until first bell and then they can go to their classrooms.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:08 AM on Dec. 18, 2012