help...nightmares!

My boyfriend cheated about 7 months ago. Unfortunately I keep having nightmares and they wont ever go away! Im over the cheating I been over it..He is with me not her.Why do I keep getting nightmares?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• my daughters father cheated a year ago n then left me for her- were back together but you never forget it...
    dreams are simply whats goin on in your head...nobody controls your dreams but you n if they aren't pleasant it means that your subconscious is bothered with something
    the worst thing about it is that even if you talk about it and understand exactly what happened and every angle of the situation it will always kinda bother you cause no matter how much you talk about it- it doesnt change the fact that it did indeed happen...
    im sorry youve had this expereience n men are idiots... good luck hun...
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 3:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Deep down it may still be bothering you. Dd you guys talk it over when you decided to stay together or just pretend nothing happened. You probably still have unanswered questions even if you think you're over it.
    Anonymous

• ive talked to him about it before we got together and as time went on if something popped into my head like a question id ask and everything is fine..
    Anonymous

• Could be you may be afraid he will do it again. Our dreams let our mind relax without any fear of what others will think. Don't feel guilty about it. These are reoccurring dreams and there is some issue of betrayal of trust going on. Either you are not really over the time he cheated or you are worried it may happen again. Keep asking him questions. Have you discussed the reason why he cheated? Meaning was there an underlying reason?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I hope you don't blame yourself for these dreams or for him cheating. We are here for you. Post or pm any of us. Good luck to you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Did you ask him why he cheated? Most men cheat because of the chase. A mature man, realizes that and realizes he can stop the chase now, he's married. If you forgave him (which it sounds like you did not) you would forget it and put it behind you. If you empower him and tell him what a wonderful man he is he may change. Respect him and he will repsect you. He needs to change his ways and you need to change yours. Help each other, take care of each other, support each other, hold hands, love each other and get on with your life. The mightmares will go away.
    wishbook

Answer by wishbook at 5:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009