How should I handle this? OT

Ok so I've tried doing this on my own but I can't figure out what to do; I've asked friends but they were no help either. I have this boyfriend who I constantly break up & get back together with. At first I honestly thought I was in love with him but now I don't feel the same, I mean I still love him but it's not the same love it once was. & when we broke up recently my best friend a guy reveled his true feelings to me & I feel the same. This is where it gets complicated I can't seem to let go of my boyfriend every time we break up maybe a week later after he feels me moving on he give's me a sob story & me being the sap that I am feels sorry for him & take him back. & everything is ok for a little while then I get the feeling of wanting to be with someone else again. I haven't ever cheated on him. I just don't want to be with him anymore & then I do want to be with him & I ask him can we take a break so I can asses my feelings and he'll say something along the lines of no if you leave were not getting back together. then I just sit back & still want to leave. & recently me & my best friend have been getting closer & I know I've already emotionally cheated on him & I feel bad but what am I supposed to do?

Do any of you lovely ladies have words of wisdom for me please no bashing

My bestfriend understands the situation and said he was willing to wait on me to get it together to be with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2012 in General Parenting

• let him go and move on. There is a reason you keep breaking up...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• You miss the memories, that's all. Just keep that in mind when you get to that point. Close the door..... walk away. It sounds like the BF might be something to keep.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• move on and be single for a while, dont jump into a new relationship
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Break up with him and let him go. Tell him that you don't feel the same way about him that you once did, and that no amount of breaking up and getting back together is going to change that. This isn't healthy for either of you and you both need to just let go of one another. Realize that there was a reason you broke up. Not wanting to be alone isn't a good enough reason to get back together.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Do not let him go, MAKE him go. He will continue this pattern to the end and you will still be in the same boat you are in right now.
    You have to be the strong one and just refuse to listen and cut him of completely if you can not withstand the sob story.

Here is my very best advice. Do NOTget into another relationship right away. Allow yourself to heal and to feel confident in being on your own, first.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• This breaking up, getting back together thing is never good. Make up your mind, Do you want to spend the rest of your life with your boyfriend or not.

Answer by louise2 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2012