Is there anything else I need for the Wii setup?

Bought for granddaughters for Christmas and they will take it home Christmas Eve. I don't know anything about it, and I am not sure daughter will either. Is there anything not in the box that you can think of that I should get for her?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 11:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Technology

• Depends on which pack you got. Did it come with 2 controllers? Did it come with any games? You can get the nunchucks to go with it as some games require those. Don't forget batteries for the controllers.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• You want at least 2 remotes total, 4 is better. A charging station and rechargeable battery packs for each remote is also a good idea, because they eat batteries like Cheetos.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Maybe an extra controller, if there aren't two in the box. Also a good charger for them. That way they won't be replacing batteries as often.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Depends on how many remotes it comes with . Mine only came with one so we had to buy a second remote for a second player.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Depending on the input/output something or other on her tv, she might need some sort of switch or extra hookups to use it - with our tv we only have 1 set of hookups, so couldn't have both the dvd player & wii hooked up directly. We had to buy a little switchbox thing that hooks up to the tv, and the dvd player & wii hook into that - to play the wii we push the A button on that switch, to watch a dvd we push the B button. Sorry for the non-technical terms & whatnot, but I don't understand it all lol! DH got the switchbox thingy at Wal-Mart.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I 2nd the recharging station. You can get one for two wii remotes and if you set the remotes on the charger then you don't have the replace the batteries (otherwise you might as well invest in a battery company, because they eat AA's!!). I think you can get the basic 2 remote charging station with batteries around 20-25.

Answer by missanc at 12:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Excellent... thanks for the ideas. It came with one remote and one numchuck. Other daughter is buying one more remote for the girls and some games. I think we bought the Sport Pack.???
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2012