Stimulus deal struck, but still no final bill???

Anyone else feel like there is a glimmer however small of hope?
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/12/stimulus/index.html

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 2:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Problem #2 is people have VERY short memories, and most don't bother to vote in the "off season" elections. It will be hard to get people that don't normally care to show up in 2010, and by 2012, no matter where we are, enough other things will have happened that our trillion dollar doorstop will be forgotten. Worst Case Scenario - if that attack that Biden warned us all about happens, Obama & the Dems will be able to milk it right through 2014.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I think the stimulus is a horrible idea, so do economists so nope not feeling much hope over here.

Answer by gemgem at 2:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The fact that it hasn't passed with sweeping approval and they are still bickering over the danged thing makes me feel a little better....I am looking for some sort of a silver lining since I am opposed to ANY stimulus package.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It will pass and next election cycle some Democrats will be losing their seats.
    Anonymous

• And some GOP's too if we are lucky. I am a Rep btw.
    Anonymous

• If this thing tanks the economy even more, Dems are dead ducks. I think it will and I HOPE people are paying attention. BUT I think the BIGGEST problem they are going to have is SO many people still believe they are getting a check. I just heard that from a girl I work with yesterday! and when they don't get their money money they are going to be really mad!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Next election cycle some republicans will lose their seats too .It is wrong to say that most people don't bother to vote.

Anonymous

• That is why they need limits on terms for these jacka$$es that don't give a rats a$$ about our opinions. Maybe if their days were numbered by only 2 terms we could get fresh ideas and really get our country moving....
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 3:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Think about this, our government is giving the same people that mismanaged the money in the first place a chance to mismanage all this new money. Why would they do anything different with the latest bailout (give parties in Las Vegas,and buy a new corporate jet). The CEO's and our government are not on the same page as the rest of the desparate people that really could benefit from some financial help. Giving them more money will send this county into a DEPRESSION not a recession.
    wishbook

Answer by wishbook at 4:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2009