Daycare centers or nurseries in NYC,,need help please

I will be staying a month in NYC,and i was wondering of o can submit my 3 year old DD to a nursery or a daycare center. So can anyone help me with that.if anyone know a good CHEAP nursery,would you please tell me about it,and how much is it per month?
Sorry for my bad english,its not my mother-tongue :)))

newmom300

Asked by newmom300 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would never associate the word cheap with NYC. They just don't go together. lol

With that said, and this is not meant to make fun or sound critical, but why can't she just stay with you? Then you wouldn't have to worry about the expense, or the quality of care, or anything else. Plus, as others have said, you'd be trusting the word of a stranger. I personally would not want to place my child in someone else's care based on the word of a total stranger.

Also, depending on her age, have you considered the idea of just leaving her at home with your husband or another relative? It doesn't sound like this visit is going to be filled with lots of fun, and it might be less disruptive for her and more peaceful for you to come alone. Just something to consider, if you haven't already.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Cheap and NYC do not go hand in hand. Sorry. However I would never put my child somewhere on a stranger's word (and we are all strangers here on the internet) I suggest you check them out yourself.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Personally I would keep my child with me. I am not making fun of you but you do have to be careful.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• cheap in NYC??? HAHAHAHAHA
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Why only a month may I ask?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Ohhh please dont make fun of me..i am not american..so i dont know anything. Well i will be staying there for only one month with my grand ma,she is living there,and she is very sick now,so i will go to stay with her you know..she needs my help, thats why i wanted only a one month. I might look stupid,but really i dont know anything in america,i live in dubai,and here nurseries are very good and cheap as well,and you can easily submit your child to a very good cheap nursery for only 1 week if you wanted..i just need your he guys,i know nothing in america,so please dont make fun of me :)))
    newmom300

Comment by newmom300 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Where in NYC will you be staying? What area?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I don't know of a Daycare to recommend but I do know that ALL (Professional Day cares) require an up to date vaccination record. Try to google search Day cares near where she lives by street & then call them direct.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2012