Condensed cheddar cheese soup....

I helped the neighbor lady clean out her pantry yesterday. She gave me several cans of Campells condensed cheddar cheese soup.

To begin with, what does it taste like?

Also, do you have any recipes that use this cheddar cheese soup?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Food & Drink

• I think I have only ever used it to make homemade mac and cheese or Nachos. It's pretty much processed cheese. Best to mix it with something rather than use it as soup. It's kind of a gross yellow jelly right out of the can.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• It tastes like cheddar cheese. It is used in the same way cream of mushroom or cream of chicken is used, mostly as a sauce in baking smething, chicken, a caserole etc.
    You can eat it just as a soup also but it is not my fave soup.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I've used it for mac & cheese (found a recipe on Pinterest that uses it along with real cheese), and in a couple of other soup recipes - it's been a while since I made those so don't remember them though lol!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I've used it for recipes before, but usually it's along the lines of mac and cheese. Experiment with it... try it in potatoes, chili, whatever....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• broccoli cheese soup, mac and cheese, and cheesy hash browns are what I use it for.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• mac & cheese soup...its excellent! pasta noodles, ham chunks, broccoli, carrots, peas, the soup, spices and about 2 cups of milk. DH lives & breathes for that soup haha

i think it tastes like stadium cheese on its own tho...but i like stadium cheese (in a stadium of course).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2012