What was your favorite toy/gift that you received as a child?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Holidays

• I once got a pair of skates for Christmas, this was my only gift unlike other Christmases before my dad had no $ and I treasured those skates because he gave them to me so apologetically  and with so much love.....that they became my prized possession.

Funny what sticks in a young childs mind.....out of all the other opulent Christmas I remember nothing but this one struck a cord.

Answer by older at 1:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• My bike, I think I got it for my birthday though, I can't remember. It was a blue boy's trick bike, complete with pegs on the back for doing tricks. I loved that thing!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I would have to say my paint brushes.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Omg. My sister and I shared a room as kids, and the extra room was a play room. I spent the two days prior to Christmas at my Dad's, and usually good home at ten pm or so Christmas Eve. We were opening gifts Christmas morning (I was 10) and I had this huge box. I opened it, and it was full of heart shaped pillows that my mom had made. I was staring into the box when my Mom said "I thought you could use those in your new room". I went to the play room and they had worked the entire time I was gone to clear it out and get me furniture and what not. I came back to the living room, sat on my Mom's lap, and bawled. We have it on videotape, and you can see the confusion over my reaction. I was crying because I was feeling overwhelming guilt over my thoughts when I had opened the box of pillows - disappointment and even anger over the "stupid gift".

That moment was something of a life lesson for me.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Hmm.. I loved Barbies so I guess my Barbie house was my favorite. Either that or my scooter lol.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 1:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• the only toy i ever asked for Santa and actually got...

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I loved the movie Bambi and my favorite character was Thumper... I remember asking for a stuffed bunny that I had seen for the longest time and never was able to get it. I was in shock when I opened my gift and there he was.. THUMPER!!!! and I said it just like that too!! :0) And come to think of it... I think I still have that thing!! hahaha
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I know it's silly, but every year we got PJ's and a sleeping bag every other year. I loved that! I still remember laying in those bags watching TV with my bros!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• a kitten.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• The doll house that my Grandpa made for me...
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2012