Wedding reception

Ok my sister is getting married at the JP.. She wants to have a reception but doesnt want to pay alot of money.. Any suggestions for a cheap reception?

lotus1216

Asked by lotus1216 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I had mine at a restaurant. They had a banquet hall and I paid $50 to use the hall and paid for food from the menu. We had a small wedding, around 40 people and my reception was around $850

Answer by gemgem at 2:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• She could always do a very casual cook-out type thing at a park or a friend's house.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My son had his at a little Italian restaurant. They put us in a separate area of the restaurant, took orders, served, including cutting and serving the cake, that we brought in. There were about 25 people. It was under a thousand. It was a sit down meal. The fire stations around here have auxiliaries that will put on a meal in the firehalls for a very good price that includes hall rental.

Answer by Bmat at 2:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• DDry has a good idea. There are parks with pavilions (in case of rain) that you can rent. And some barbecue people will transport their equipment and provide barbecue - and your sister would need to add salads, beverages, paper goods and utensils, cake.

Answer by Bmat at 2:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• a cook out at a nice park or sumones home or even rent a place and everyone bring something
    JuJu_Bean

Answer by JuJu_Bean at 3:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I had mine at our local vfw building.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009