Do you see a change coming?

This is an interesting article. Hopefully more businesses will react this way LINK

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I doubt it
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• DJDNY, there are some restrictions on the sale of ammo... not just anyone can but it... Federal law imposes several restrictions on the transfer and possession of firearm ammunition. The law prohibits the possession of ammunition by convicted felons, controlled substance users, and anyone subject to a domestic violence restraining order, among others, and it prohibits transferring ammunition to such persons as well. It prohibits the sale or transfer of (1) long gun ammunition to anyone under age 18 and (2) handgun ammunition to anyone under age 21. It also strictly regulates armor-piercing handgun bullets. States have their own restrictions as well....

Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Not really, no. These few, inconsequential things may be happening right now in the immediate aftermath, but they won't continue, nor will they make any difference.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• "Interestingly, some reports say sales of guns have increased following the shooting, likely at least in part because consumers fear stricter gun laws could limit their access."

That's the part of the article that I don't like. I hope people aren't out buying guns just because they're afraid of not being able to get them anymore in the future. Like all of the pro gun people have been saying the past few days.. things done out of fear usually turn out badly.
    Anonymous

• I hope people aren't out buying guns just because they're afraid of not being able to get them anymore in the future.

^^ I hope not. This is what scares me. People rush out and buy guns. You can't just go out and buy a car, you need a license and insurance. Hell if yu go to Walmart you have to shoe ID to buy cold medicine but you can buy bullets right off the shelf. That just not make sense to me.

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• sorry for the typos on my Kindle Fire.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Knee jerk reactions. The guns didn't kill those children...the guy did.

There was a guy on the news tonight. He was showing how fast it is to load a magazine...no matter the size....just a flash of a second. Putting limits on legal gun owners won't keep people from stealing guns to commit a crime.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• but you can buy bullets right off the shelf.

No, you cannot. It's these lies and myths (which a lot of the media are GLEEFULLY spreading) which are adding to people's fear. Once again I'll ask, anyone who has anxiety or concern about guns after Friday, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do some research and educate yourself, because lying to you sells more adspace on tv than telling you the truth.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• As for the gun sales increasing - this happens every time Obama mentions gun control or ammo restrictions. It's not people reacting to Friday, it's people reacting to Obama, like they have been for 5 years already. It's why there have been long stretches of ammo shortages, because he keeps threatening to tax the hell out of it. It's not reactionary, it's economic.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2012