My friend believes in God but not Jesus??

My friend says she believes in God is not a Christian and has no religion! I'm confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh and with all do respect, don't be so close-minded. I feel like traditional Christians are the most close-minded, because a lot of traditional Christians feel like their beliefs is the only beliefs you should have in order to go to heaven. What I am stating is not a judgement, its an observation.

Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• so your saying you've never met a person who wasnt a Christian before? you dont know that Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, and a whole lot more ppl believe in a God but not Jesus. i believe in God but have no religion...what are you confused about?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Hmmm, Jewish people believe in God but, not Jesus.
    Muslims believe in "Allah" AKA God but, not Jesus.
    I'm an Agnostic. I don't know if God does exist but, IF it (not he) does, it's no where near in the Biblical sense. So, no Jesus.

LOL, only Christians are arrogant enough to think everyone who believes in God has to believe in Jesus.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Just because she says she believes in god, why do you automatically assume she means the christian god? There are a ton of different gods that people believe in. Most of them have nothing to do with Jesus.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• K...Have you heard of Jews? Guess what they believe in God and not Jesus....
    Then there are Muslims...Also God but not Jesus..(Jesus is a prophet like Moses to them). Both Jews and Muslims believe in the same God as Christians just in a different manner.
    Then there are people who believe in a different god than the Abrahamic faiths listed above, or many gods or even "gasp" No god."
    Welcome to 2012. The world will NOT end on Friday despite the "prophecies" and conspiracy theories you have been raised to ignorantly believe without question
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• God isn't a Christian only concept.
    Sounds like you live a sequestered life aka,under a rock

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Ok. There are many theists who do not believe in Jesus.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Yes people believe in God and don't believe in Jesus. But they are serving a different God than Iam.

ROFL ok, wait a sec. Jesus was a Jew. He serves the same god as all other Jews. But since Jews don't believe in Jesus, they serve a different god than you do, which means Jesus serves a different one that you do, which basically means...the only one doing it wrong is you.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2012

• I really can't tell if this person is being serious. I hate to ask the obvious question, but how do you get through life and never find out that there is more than one religion?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I guess its time to consider that not everyone has the same belief system you do... To a lot of people, (and not just christians), their belief system is such a part of them, that they cant really imagine living life any other way, so when faced with a new way to believe they are thrown off balance.... But these other posters are right. Many people believe in God, but do not believe in Jesus. Just like many people who believe in Jesus, believe in Him slighlty differently from each other.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2012