Thinking of coming clean about Santa to my six year old :(

Her and my four year old conspired together and found some stuff I stashed away in the closet for Xmas. The both saw the scooter intended for my four year old. She claims only to have seen that, but initially lied in je first place about having looked at all so I don't really know what all she saw. There is a box filled with a ne stocking stuffers so if she saw that or even glimpsed and didn't process it but it'll perhaps click when she sees her stocking on Xmas morningthen the whole Santa thing is blown. Should I tell her or let the chips fall where they may?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in General Parenting

• I would take it all back and get new stuff and say all that stuff was for someone else. They are so young and Santa is magical at that age. I put my stuff in boxes and duct tape them up, for fear they will atempt to peek. LOL
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I think you should wrap it up and make up a cover story about how Santa had to leave a couple of things early if they question you. It's hard for him to fit all of that stuff in his sleigh!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I personally would wait and see how the chips fall. I might consider telling my kids that the scooter was not for them- that you were holding it for a friend because she needed somewhere to hide it before Christmas... I dunno though... I am not sure there is a right or wrong way to handle this...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I wouldn't tell her Santa is not real. If she asks I'd say "well I guess Santa had way too many toys for you so he stashed them here. BUT I wouln't let anyone know you saw because then He may take them away if he found out you knew!" I am all for lying! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• *wouln't=wouldn't
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• If none of the presents said, "from Santa" why spoil it?
    Or do all of their gifts come from Santa?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• NOOOO! Don't do it! They're too young. I'm sure you'll come up w/ a plan to keep the magic alive a while longer. And next year, hide the stuff at someone else's house. :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Sound like you need to find a better place to hide presents.. Can you take them all back and buy other stuff? Don't tell them. that is just plain wrong. They are to young.

Answer by louise2 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• you could tell her you took it back...and let Santa bring it : )
    I think it will be fine if you play it up a bit
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I've just said that the scooter is from me, not Santa. But I'm just worried that shell see the stocking stuffers and put two and two together herself.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2012