Am I the only one who now tucks my child in at night wondering if it's the last time I'll ever do so?

Or even in a week from now? Or a month? Just a few years? Am I the only one who thinks of this every night, with each hug, with each "goodbye, I love you'?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• If I have a worry...it is about child molestors and car wrecks.

Do you worry about lightening striking your child? The odds of them dying in a school shooting are about the same...I heard some dr on tv say this...it helped put things into perspective...because I don't worry about lightening.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Sounds like you need some counseling

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Of course well all think this,but we let that thought go. You can't live your life in fear

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I'm really trying to not think about it. The truth is that life is incredibly fragile. How many children get into a car accident and die every day? It's a horrible thing to think about, but any one of us could lose anyone we love at any time. If we dwell too much on that sad fact, we will all literally go insane.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• and even if the world says no prayer in school, I tell them pray anyway.

^^ Educate yourself. People can pray all they want in school. It is legal and always has been.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• My oldest is a freshman in college. She lives at home. I knock on her door and tell her good night every night. We have our own little bed time ritual I guess, and I realize that time goes by so fast. However, even though I appreciate the time I have with my family, I do not dwell on how short life really can be. If I do so, I won't enjoy it to the fullest because I'm too worried about how each moment might by the last. That's no way to live.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• This may be the first time the reality of death has hit you. You have to keep your mind occupied on happy thoughts instead. Otherwise you are robbing yourself of the best times of your life. Yes, life is too short so we must make the very best of each minute we are given instead of obsessing over the inevitable. .

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I just find it odd that you are just now thinking about this. From the day my son was born I knew each day could be his last. I don't dwell on it and usually don't even think about it. I treasure the good times and tell him daily how much I love him. Anyone could die at any moment, it is a part of life.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• even if the world says no prayer in school, I tell them pray anyway.

So you lie to your kids and tell them they're not supposed to pray, but should do it anyway, when the truth is they've ALWAYS been allowed to pray at school?

As for the OP, I have to ask - have you ever lost anyone in your life? You seem to be taking the events of strangers awfully personally when people lose loved ones every day in all kinds of circumstances.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I know how you feel, I really do but I agree with butterflyblue
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2012