What Is Wrong With My Dog?

I know this has nothing to do with what most of you are asking, but, I am kind of concerned about my puppy. He is a boy, almost a year old (one month away :D), and is acting strange. Whenever I come home, he used to jump up and down and go crazy. Now all he does is just keep sleeping in his kennel/dog taxi. We haven't changed his bed, but I have been coming home earlier than usual, so I'm wondering if that's the problem. Also, is it just signs of maturity? Please help!

Leslie H.

Asked by Leslie H. at 6:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Pets

• is he eating? Drinking? Does he have diarrhea? Vomittng?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Well, is he eating, drinking & going potty like normal? Does he still play? Is his nose cold? You could be right that w/ the earlier arrival he's still in his nap mode. Puppies go to the vet quite a bit for shots, so if his behavior is still a concern, bring it up at his next appt.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• He is eating, drinking, and going potty, no sickness, and yes I do think that the problem is the early arrival. He gets his next shot....... next summer, I think for rabies. I really don't know much about his shots! ;)
    Leslie H.

Comment by Leslie H. (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Well if he's doing all those normal things & his nose is cold & wet & he will engage in play, then I don't think I'd be too concerned. If he's too lethargic tho, I'd make a vet appt. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• It sounds like he may be sick or something is hurting him,, I would take him to the vet. Even with maturity your dog should greet you like normal.
    PolishMamma2

Answer by PolishMamma2 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• How long have you been coming home early for? Maybe hes just not use to your schedule and that is his nap time. Try coming home at the usual time and see how he acts. If he still continues to not act like his normal happy self there could be something wrong. Is that the only thing out of the ordinary? Does he play? Have you felt around on him to see if he is hurting anywhere? You said he is eating drinking and going potty normal, so more than likely it's just the time of day.
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2012