Having a future plan already?

Not sure if it's just 10 y/o fantasy or if she's a bit too big for her britches already! My dau & the boy next door are 6 wks apart. So they've basically grown up together. (still growing) My dau informed me the other day, of their life plan. It included college, marriage, the type of jobs they want, the kind of house they want & the number of kids. I was kind of impressed w/ how much thought they put into it.  What do you think?  Do your kids plan out stuff like that too?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• At the age of twelve, I told my friends that I was going to marry this boy in math class. I had only met him that year and every time I sent my friends to "ask him out", he responded "Hell, no". BTW, we have been married for 10 1/2 years, lol. Anyways, I think it is good that she is focusing and thinking about the future, but I would also let her know that sometimes things happen and our plans change, especially as we get older and we know more of what we want and like.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• My kids are too young for that stage yet. I had "future plans" like this when I was a kid that age though.....tehy never came to pass the way I "planned them" but they never do. LOL
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• My son doesn't plan for the next day much less the next year. He is only 7 though so I'll give him some time. :)
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I think it's innocent and cute. Plus, not a bad plan if it really does happen :) My son's only plans involve going to the Dollar Tree and unwrapping Christmas presents. He's 4.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• My 6 yr old has been saying, for over a year, that she plans on moving to NYC and never wants to have children. She's still unsure whether she'll be a fashion designer, famous chef or a doctor.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• My son told me he wants to buy a house and find a blond woman to marry him, LOL. He's in fifth grade now and has said a few times that he wants to find a woman who looks like the teacher he had in third grade.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• That sounds like something I would have done when I was that age. I remember sitting down with my friends and making lists of everythign we would need for an apartment, and how we could earn that much before we graduated, etc. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I would encourage her to do things that benefit herself all along the way and be there when her plan (likely) falls apart here and there.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2012