so it's harmless flirting when my husband ignores me. We will be with my family, friends, co-workers, and total strange and he ignores me and gives the female present all the attention.

I might be coming across as jealous and inseure, but this has been happening for about 20yrs. So go figure!!!!!

ajm1998

Asked by ajm1998 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2012 in Relationships

• And you have never said anything to him in the 20 years that this has happened? 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• How in the world did you put up with this for so long? it is not a matter of jealousy it is a matter of respect for you!

Answer by older at 6:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• You let him get away with it for 20 years.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I am pretty sure bitching about it now is pointless. In the 20 years he has been doing this, did it ever cross your mind to talk to him about it and tell him how you felt?
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• What an ass!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I have brought it to his attention many times in the 20yrs we have been married, and his response is that i am jealous and insecure, so i do't say anything anymore just because nothing good comes out of it, it just leaves me hurt and ignored.
    ajm1998

Comment by ajm1998 (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• No, it's not a jealousy issue, it's a respect issue. Specifically disrespect.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Hun, you need to have more self respect than that and put an end to his humiliation once and for all!

Answer by older at 7:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Sorry, but you let him get away with it. Kids aren't the only ones who need consequences for their actions. He doesn't respect you.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• It's not "harmless" as you put it, b/c it's hurtful to you. I know you can't go back, but I would tell him if you want to move forward as a married couple, he either knocks off the crap or goes to counseling so a professional can tell him to knock off the crap!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2012