Lysol spray??

We have had the stomach virus and flu around here and now I'm trying to disenfect the house with lysol. Is it harmful to pets? Small furry animal? My son has 2 rats and a guinea pig in his room. Should I use it or not?

kidsmomof2

Asked by kidsmomof2 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Health

• I use Lysol all the time....at least 4 times a week...this time of the year...
    I spray it on everything...I do not have guinea pig or rat...but I do have a 8 pound dog.
    I spray the garbage can and her food is right near it....nothing has ever happend.
    Yes use it......I would and do ::))
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I use it around my child, cat, large dog, and pet snakes. All are perfectly fine and my daughter has really never been sick so it is my favorite.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Try not to breathe it, spray it and then quickly walk away until the mist settles. You can, over time become septic (non-tolerant) and sick to your stomach if you enhale too much over years of use. Windex is the worst. I used to use it for years now I barf when it is around me.
    wishbook

Answer by wishbook at 3:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Lysol is great and not harmful to pets at all so long as they don't breathe it in.
    I wouldn't depend only on Lysol, though. Be sure to wipe down all hard surfaces with a solution of 1/4 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of water. There's no need to rinse.
    This time of year really needs the extra sanitizing because germs and viruses thrive in heated homes.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2009