Why haven't we thought of this before?

Okay ladies, so recently my husband surprised me with flowers because he thought I was having a bad day. So then I got to thinking that flowers are a really nice thing to have on your table. It just makes me happy walking by and stopping to smell fresh flowers. So I made a deal with my husband that he has to keep fresh flowers on my table if I work on cleaning the house more. Not a bad deal for either of us. I get fresh flowers and he gets a clean house for around $5-$10 a week. So why doesn't ever woman go out right now and make that deal with their husbands. Tell me how it goes.

leekim2004

Asked by leekim2004 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• because i want to save he flowers for special occasions and i like being surprised..
    and besides that means i would have to get off cafemom and actually do something LOL (JK)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Men are hard to buy for so why can't us women make it a little more challenging for them to buy for us on those special occasions? Ha ha.
    leekim2004

Answer by leekim2004 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• eh, I wouldn't want flowers like that...I'd make a deal with him, if he's quit being such a narcissistic ass hole then I'd clean the house more!

Anonymous

• My husband thinks flowers are dumb :(
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Iv gotten flowers once in 5 years!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• thats weird! you get flowers if you clean the house? wtf kind of deal is that? i would want to be suprised with flowers, not have them just b/c i clean the house!
    Anonymous

• why havent we done this before?=very good title ^.^
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 3:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• While I think it's a great deal, and I do love fresh flowers, I kind of realized years ago that they are just going to die anyway, so I don't want them. I love that on a special occasion he'll get me flowers, but I do not want them every week, it just seems like such a waste to me. But, if that is what you and hubby have agreed on, that's great! I'm glad that hubby did that for you =)
    Anonymous

• I like fresh flowers sometimes too. Simple is better so they don't have to be expensive. We have gotten them for a party or dinner because they do look nice on the table for $5 or $10. I don't have a husband but I may treat myself one of these days!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• your getting gypped. I get $20 bucks a week, plus his time and affection.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009